Dr. Paul C. Bragg, ND
2005 NFHOF Inaugural Inductee
“Father of the Health Movement in America”
Hometown: Santa Barbara, CA
Paul C. Bragg, “Father of the Health Movement in America,” had vision and dedication. This dynamic Crusader for worldwide health and fitness is responsible for more firsts in the history of the Health Movement than any other individual.
- Bragg originated, named and opened the first Health Food Store in America.
- Bragg was the first to introduce pineapple juice and tomato juice to America.
- He introduced Juice Therapy in America by importing the first hand-juicers.
- Bragg pioneered Radio Health Programs from Hollywood three times daily in the 20s.
- Bragg opened the first health restaurants and the first health spas in America.
Paul was crippled by tuberculosis as a teenager so he developed his own eating, breathing and exercising program to rebuild his body into an ageless, tireless, pain-free citadel of glowing, super health. He excelled in running, swimming, biking, progressive weight training and mountain climbing. He made an early pledge to God, in return for his renewed health, to spend the rest of his life showing others the road to super health. He honored his pledge! Paul Bragg’s health pioneering made a difference worldwide.
Jack LaLanne, the original TV Fitness King says, “Bragg saved my life at age 15 when I attended the Bragg Crusade in Oakland, California.” From the earliest days, Bragg advised the greatest Hollywood Stars and giants of American Business. J C Penney, Del E. Webb, Dr. Scholl and Conrad Hilton are just a few who he inspired to long, successful, healthy, active lives!
Dr. Bragg changed the lives of millions worldwide in all walks of life with the Bragg Health Crusades, The Bragg Health Books, his Radio and TV appearances.